Water Polo Queensland hosted several information sessions for the community to update them on the changes to the State Team programme, the introduction of Regional Training Centres that form part of the revamped representative pathways.
Click here to read more details.
Expression of Interest for coaches at the Regional Training Centres is now open. To register your interest, please visit: https://form.jotform.co/70309416533856
To register for upcoming player benchmarking sessions on Sunday, 26th Feb and Sunday, 5th March at Stuartholme School visit: https://form.jotform.co/62931143601851
PATHWAY PROGRAMS – FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Where and when are benchmarking sessions?
Stuartholme School, Birdwood Tce. Toowong
Sunday 26th February and Sunday 5th March
Car parking is available at the school
2. Is it compulsory to attend both Benchmarking sessions?
No, as advised at the seminars, it is not compulsory to attend both sessions. As each session will be different attendance is recommended if you are available.
3. What do you need to bring?
Athletes need to bring anything they would normally have for a Water Polo training session including sunscreen.
4. When will training begin with Regional Training Centres?
The week commencing 3rd April.
5. What is being done with data collected from benchmarking sessions?
We are collecting information to monitor performance trends as well as give feedback to athletes regarding areas of improvement. Athletes will be provided access to this information as part of their individual training plans.
6. Do QAS athletes/invited athletes need to attend benchmarking sessions?
No. Athletes currently training with QAS are not required to attend benchmarking sessions or Regional Training Centres.
7. How are athletes selected for RTC’s?
Performance at benchmarking sessions, BWPI, State Championships will all be taken into consideration.
8. How are athletes selected for State Teams?
As above performance at benchmarking sessions, BWPI, State Championships, as well as RTC’s, will all be taken into consideration. A selection panel will finalise the teams for the State program. The Selection Policy will be distributed and made available on the WPQ website.
9. When will squads be announced for both RTC’s?
After the 16&U State Titles.
10. When will squads be announced for State Teams?
Monday 1st May
11. When does State Team training begin?
An information night for selected players and their parents will be held on Tuesday 2nd May – Venue TBC. The full training program will be explained at this session.
12. When will training be held for RTC’s and State Teams?
Tuesday and Thursday PM Sunday AM
13. Where and when is the Sydney Youth Water Polo Festival?
All QLD teams will travel together to Sydney for a training camp on July 1-2. The tournament will be held July 3-7 – Venues TBC