Blue Card Requirements

Paid employees and volunteers who work with children and young people must hold a blue card or an exemption card if their work falls into a category of regulated employment and they work.

Under 18 – Do I need a Blue Card?

Paid Employees - A paid employee / contractor who is under 18 will require a blue card if their work falls under a category of regulated employment.

Volunteers / Officials - Water Polo Queensland require all Officials on pool deck (Coaches, Referees, Managers and Table Officials)  to be accredited, current members of Water Polo Queensland and holders of Working With Children Checks (Blue Cards).  Blue Cards must be uploaded to the Water Polo Queensland database via this link :

Please note  the following :
You will need to be a current member to access this 'event',  RSVP 'yes' once logged in and complete all fields, including scanning an image of your Blue Card. 

If you experience difficulty with logging in or uploading your Blue Card please contact the office via email : or phone 3367 1661 for assistance.

Water Polo Queensland do not link Blue Card applications, your Club / School will be able to provide this service.


Engaging someone who already has (or has applied for) a blue card/exemption card - When a blue/exemption card holder proposes to start in regulated child-related activities with your organisation, you must notify Blue Card Services by lodging a Link an applicant/cardholder to this organisation form. 

Key Information
For an overview of your responsibilities as a club, please read Obligations for Regulated Organisations fact sheet, there is also a video available on the Blue Card Services YouTube channel.