Marketing and Communications
Are you a budding sports journalist or someone who loves writing and creating engaging content? Do you want to use your digital communication skills in a working environment or put into practice what you have learnt at uni? If so, read on.
Water Polo Queensland is looking for an enthusiastic intern who isn’t afraid to go out and find a story. Whether it’s attending National Water Polo League matches, State Titles or Club Competitions, there are stories to be told and we want you to tell them.
About the role:
- Attend local competitions, write match reports and generate social media content during your placement
- Draft engaging copy for our website and social media, along with monthly newsletters and press releases
- Be able to create and edit video content
- Help us to design templates for marketing materials, such as social media banners, sponsorship proposals, flyers and adverts
- Research opportunities to increase the sports exposure across the state and leverage upon Australian team captains, Rhys Howden and Bronwen Knox
In return, we will offer you an environment where fresh ideas are welcome, where you can get creative with the content you create and work within a tight-knit, friendly sporting community. We will also provide you with the tools and equipment to make your time with WPQ as enjoyable as possible and once you’ve finished you will be able to include your work into your portfolio.
For the role, we expect the right person to attend one or two matches (evening or weekends) during various competitions and work from the Water Polo Queensland office from 9.30 am to 1.30 pm, two days per week for three months.
Please note, that all WPQ staff and volunteers must hold a valid Blue Card. WPQ will help you to apply for your Blue Card, which are free for volunteers.
For more information contact:
Anica Bussell – Marketing & Communications Coordinator
E: [email protected]
P: 07 3367 1661