Upcoming Referee Accreditation Course
Water Polo Queensland are hosting an upcoming a Level 1 Referee Course, details and information are as follows:
Date: Sunday 4th February, 2014
Time: Approx 9am - 3pm (Breaks included, however food is not provided)
Venue: Sports House, Milton
Address: 150 Caxton Street Milton, QLD, 4064
The registered national referees framework with the Australian Sports Commission under review a new range of courses will be announced once the new framework has been released. WPQ anticipate courses under the new frame work will run late September early October.
Course numbers are limited and places will be allocated on a "first in first served" policy.
To register for the course please complete the registration form and return to the Water Polo Queensland Office to confirm your place.
Please return Registration Forms and all Pre-Requisite documents listed below to:
Please see below documents for what needs to be completed before the course:
NOAS Officals Pre-Requisite
- All applicants must be registered members of Queensland Water Polo Inc.
- Candidates must be of a minimum age of 16 on the date the course commences to be eligible for accreditation.
- All participants must hold or be in the process of obtaining a Queensland Working with Children's Check “Blue Card”
- Applicants must complete the ASC Online Beginner General Principles for Officials, and provide a certificate of attainment to the course presenter at the beginning of the course.
- All applicants must complete the Play by the Rules Online Discrimination & Harassment for Officials on-line Course, and provide a certificate of attainment to the course presenter at the beginning of the course.
- All participants must pay the course fee before commencing the course.
NOAS Officials Course Assessment
- Present pre-requisite certificates
- Attendance for full course duration (approximately 8 hours)
- Workbook activities
NOAS Officials Post course assessment
- Completion of Course Workbook (within 30 days)
- 6 hours of supervised coaching with agreed assessor (within 6 months)
- 1 hour of a formal assessment by their agreed assessor (within 6 months)
Current List of Qualified & Lapsed Accreditations
Please check the to see the current list of qualified coaches and referees. If you believe there are any errors please contact the WPQ office immediately
Future Level 1 Referee Courses
Sunday 9th at Sports House
Thursday 20th at Sports House (Part 1, Evening Course)
Thursday 27th at Sports House (Part 2, Evening Course)
Sunday 23rd at Sports House