To register for the 2012/2013 season please select the the club you wish to register for from the list below and follow the registration process:
PLEASE NOTE: Not all clubs/association have opened their registration process yet. Please check with your club/association to find out when registration will become available.
Sunshine Coast Water Polo (Noosa, Kawana, Caloundra)
Registering To An Age Group/Team
Some clubs/associatons are allowing age group registrations for the 2012/2013 season. If your club/association is listed below please click on their name to register for an age group. If you wish to register for more than one age group please complete the process for each age group you wish to register for:
The Member Registration of Water Polo Queensland is made up of three components:
Water Polo Queensland Capitation
Australian Water Polo Inc Capitation
Australian Water Polo Inc Insurance
Capitation fees are per capita contributions that are made to the State and National bodies to support the funding of these organisations and assist them to service the sport.
The insurance component of your membership protects your involvement in the sport and that of your club or association. As you would be aware, claims against negligence actions are increasing rapidly and we must all be aware of our duty of care to others involved in the sport.
The types of insurance that are included are:
- Public liability insurance covering legal liability to pay compensation to the general public for personal injury or damage to property while playing or volunteering for the sport.
- Sports injury insurance to provide additional cover if you are injured while playing water polo. This includes death and capital benefit, loss of income, medical, and ambulance.
- Professional indemnity for coaches if a player is injured while under their supervision
Association and Club affiliation fees are used to cover costs associated with administration of the sport. Administration costs are wide and varied, serving all current and prospective members and key stakeholders in addition to general community groups (i.e. schools, universities, aquatic centres, local councils). Services of support, development courses and management are provided to the affiliated association and its members. This service includes information on and assistance in applying for grants.
Payment of the affiliation fees also entitles the association or club to a vote at the AGM and General Meeting dependant on the number of members. A minimum of 26 registered members must be reached for the first vote, 50 for the second vote, 100 for the third vote and 50 for each additional vote thereafter, as per the QWPI constitution.
Benefits of affiliation include:
- Registration database provided for more efficient recording of membership
- Details of club/association placed on Water Polo Queensland’s website
- Information on Water Polo in Queensland, Australia and Internationally.
- Support and advice on developing and supporting Water Polo in Queensland.
- Invitation to participate at/or host State Championships.
- Opportunity for talented players to be assisted through the Queensland Academy of Sport program and QWPI's Emerging Athletes Program.
- Opportunity for players to trial for and, if selected, participate in Queensland State teams (14 & Under, 16 & Under, 20 and Under or Country (16 and under and Open).
- Entitlements to be eligible for voting rights as per the constitution.
- Circulars and newsletter detailing new policy and events in water polo.
- Administrative assistance in strategic direction and policy making for each affiliate.