To register for the 2013/2014 season please select the the club you wish to register for from the list below and follow the registration process:
PLEASE NOTE: Not all clubs/association have opened their registration process yet. Please check with your club/association to find out when registration will become available.
Brisbane Barracudas Water Polo
All Hallows - contact school
Mount St Michael's - contact school
St. Ritas - contact school
2013/14 Draft Opportunities
Water Polo Queensland have a draft proceedure for athletes who wish to participate at a State or National event when their primary club is not sending a team.
The draft allows participation of players and provides for clubs/ associations/ teams who maybe seeking additional players without teams being classified as composite.
Athletes wanting to apply for the draft must proceed to the following link and complete the questions: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/1314wpqathletedraft.
Any questions please contact the Sport Development and Events Coordinator at email@example.com or 33671661.
DRAFT DEADLINE EXTENDED!!!!!!
The opportunity currently available is for the 16&U Club Nationals which will take place from October 1st-6th.
To enter the draft proceed to the following link https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/1314wpqathletedraft and answer the questions provided.
Please note submitting an application does not guarantee automatic selection to a team, as placement depends on what positions the Clubs are looking to fill.
The draft will be open from 29th May 2013 until with the deadline being extended until close of business on the Monday 1st July 2013 and if successful you will be notified by email and your details passed on to the respective Club. If you are a successful draft player a deposit will need to be provided to the Club, they will advise due date and the total amount required.
Best of luck!
Upcoming opportunities are listed below:
16&U Club Nationals: 1st - 6th October 2013
18&U State Titles: 29th November - 1st December 2013
14&U State Titles: 6th - 8th December 2013
20&U Club Nationals: 20th - 26th January 2014
16&U State Titles: 4th - 6th April 2014
14&U Club Nationals: 18th - 22nd April 2014
16&U Club Nationals: TBC
18&U State Titles: 5th - 7th December 2014
14&U State Titles: 12th - 14th December 2014
The Member Registration of Water Polo Queensland is made up of three components:
Water Polo Queensland Capitation
Australian Water Polo Inc Capitation
Australian Water Polo Inc Insurance
Capitation fees are per capita contributions that are made to the State and National bodies to support the funding of these organisations and assist them to service the sport.
The insurance component of your membership protects your involvement in the sport and that of your club or association. As you would be aware, claims against negligence actions are increasing rapidly and we must all be aware of our duty of care to others involved in the sport.
The types of insurance that are included are:
- Public liability insurance covering legal liability to pay compensation to the general public for personal injury or damage to property while playing or volunteering for the sport.
- Sports injury insurance to provide additional cover if you are injured while playing water polo. This includes death and capital benefit, loss of income, medical, and ambulance.
- Professional indemnity for coaches if a player is injured while under their supervision
Association and Club affiliation fees are used to cover costs associated with administration of the sport. Administration costs are wide and varied, serving all current and prospective members and key stakeholders in addition to general community groups (i.e. schools, universities, aquatic centres, local councils). Services of support, development courses and management are provided to the affiliated association and its members. This service includes information on and assistance in applying for grants.
Payment of the affiliation fees also entitles the association or club to a vote at the AGM and General Meeting dependant on the number of members. A minimum of 26 registered members must be reached for the first vote, 50 for the second vote, 100 for the third vote and 50 for each additional vote thereafter, as per the QWPI constitution.
Benefits of affiliation include:
- Registration database provided for more efficient recording of membership
- Details of club/association placed on Water Polo Queensland’s website
- Information on Water Polo in Queensland, Australia and Internationally.
- Support and advice on developing and supporting Water Polo in Queensland.
- Invitation to participate at/or host State Championships.
- Opportunity for talented players to be assisted through the Queensland Academy of Sport program and QWPI's Emerging Athletes Program.
- Opportunity for players to trial for and, if selected, participate in Queensland State teams (14 & Under, 16 & Under, 20 and Under or Country (16 and under and Open).
- Entitlements to be eligible for voting rights as per the constitution.
- Circulars and newsletter detailing new policy and events in water polo.
- Administrative assistance in strategic direction and policy making for each affiliate.